26 Mar 2020
Dear Valued Customer
The imminent national lockdown as directed by the President of South Africa has necessitated Al Baraka Bank reconsidering its position in terms of availing banking services to its customers for the 21-day period commencing 27 March 2020 until 16 April 2020.
In keeping with the call for the public to remain indoors we have ordered the majority of our staff to remain at home during this period. However with the banking sector excluded from the full lockdown directive Al Baraka Bank has implemented appropriate business continuity measures to ensure an uninterrupted delivery of essential banking services to our customers. These include: -
- Access to our comprehensive internet-based transactional banking facility for online payments.
- Online purchases using your Al Baraka debit card.
- Ability to deposit cash at Pick n Pay stores nationally for cardholders.
- Ability to withdraw cash at major retail supermarkets and any ATM nationally for cardholders.
- Direct access to our remotely-based staff in the Trade, International Banking and Exchange Control departments to facilitate your local and international trade payments.
NB These staff will be available on their office numbers.
- Availability of limited services via our Athlone, Kingsmead, Laudium, Lenasia and Rosebank branches with adjusted trading hours from 9 am to 1 pm Monday to Thursday, and 9 am to 12 pm on Friday and Saturday.
Should you require any assistance or further information on the availability of any of our services please feel free to contact our Customer Services Centre on 0860 225 786 or via WhatsApp 084 786 6563.
We trust that the above measures and availability of limited banking services will alleviate much of the inconvenience that you may experience during this period of national lockdown.
Al Baraka Bank remains committed to the health, safety and well-being of all our stakeholders and we pray that you and your family remain safe at all times.